Monday, November 19, 2007

Mind blowing!!??

I have finally convinced myself to take my wifey to watch "Om Shanti Om". While the vomit evoking publicity and mind numbing first week collections have gotten on to my nerves, I am slipping up on my tastes, principles and beliefs just to make my wife happy. I think I have gone senile at the tender age of 26. Will the movie be really mind blowing ??? I bet it will be - generous loads of pun intended on this one.
My friends enjoyed the movie thoroughly but gave the disclaimer "Arey! for this you need to put brain at home and go, then u will enjoy a lot yaar!!". Really??? So, it must be a typical bollywood movie, right?. Then why all the hype and hoopla for an average bollywood 'entertainer'? Sharukh and Farah are ofcourse gonna publicise their movie cos one produced it and the other one directed it. But why is the public and media madly in love with it all the while telling others that its a 'brainless' movie? Is it Sharukh Khan's abs? Deepika Padukone's abs? Dunno if the reasons are that silly, but I am convinced even before watching it that Indian audience has gotten so used to the illogical crap from bollywood that they have lessened their expectations almost to zero. And whenever a movie comes along that beats their expectations or the lack thereof, it seems to become a hit, a sensational hit in this case. Farah, you have done your bit in strengthening the curse of Indian cinema.
I will make it back home after the movie for sure but whether I will come back in survival mode I don't know. I am sure my wife will enjoy the movie thoroughly. I hope I enjoy it too, after all I am gonna spend my precious 8 $. May the force be with me. If someone is out there listening (reading this!) to me, please pray for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What??????? How can anyone say such things against a SRK phillum???? Kya battameesi hai ye? SRK rules!!!!! May Shanti be with you Om! OK?

-Om Prakash Shantinathan Swaminathan Makhija Kapoor

$ha$h! said...

arey kapoor saab...aap bade fan dikthe hain SRK ka...aap 'phillum' dek kar baath keejiye...

- gollapudi kakarla chinnnisaamy muttusaamy iyengar