Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Silent Protest?

Now take the words "Protest Reservations" and put them on a black board or a black t-shirt or any black background. Now, assume "Pro" is written in a light coloured font, "test" is written in either a dark or a black coloured font and "Reservations" is written in a light coloured font as 'Pro' is. To a lazy observer like me or even a keen observer like you, it will read like this:

"Pro Reservations"

This is what you and me are doing today. Yes, we are protesting reservations, but silently (not with enough 'dhum" in our voice rather) and what do we sound like? Just think...

On my part, I am planning to wear black as a form of protest when I land in India on June 3rd. I hope to be able to get the words "One of the few places I am given reservations is on a Plane" or "Arjun is a dog" or "Thanks to reservations I know what caste means", etc (you could add more such captions). We could even start a t-shirt line with the brand name "youth for equality". Alas! wish I could do more than wearing a t-shirt. But, considering the fact that I am coming to India to get married I will have to pass the idea of sitting at dharnas or taking out morchas. Wish I could be a part of some youth protest. Some youth are really creative. AIIMS had the following slogans at the site of their protest:

"Is it a hand of Congress or a slap on our face?"
"I didn't vote last time but this time I will -- Congress you will have to pay the price."
"50% reservation 100% politics"

If by one in a million chance any of you happen to read my blaag and have a creative idea for a protest "caption" please do leave a comment.

You will crack up looking at the creativity of some guys.... follow the link
http://in.rediff.com/news/2006/may/24look1.htm

Jai Yuvashakthi!

No comments: