Monday, May 22, 2006

A step backwards.

How many of us have reservations about reservations? I dont know about you, but I do.

The last time people thought about reservations in a major way was when a certain ass with half-baked ideas implemented the increased quota system way back in 1990 just to gain some political mileage. Such people should be shot or sent to Saudi for stoning. Well, the ass never came back to power even though he played vote bank politics. But wonders of all wonders his cousin, another ass has brought up this issue again. What does he need to do it for? Does he want to come back to power after this tenure? Lets ask the ass himself

Qner: Mr. Ass singh, why are you doing this?
Ass: I am doing it cos my ass is itching.

Qner: Oh no! I didnt mean why are you sratching your ass now. Why are you allocating the 27.5 % quota for OBCs now?
Ass: Oh that! I am doing it cos I care for the public. Its for their good.

Qner: Really? is that why your ass cousin did the same thing 15 years ago?
Ass: No comments. My mom told me not to fight with my cousins, so no comments on that.

Qner: Ok, so what about the general category guys and the merit?
Ass: Are you kidding me? Do you think I came to politics through the merit system?

Qner: Hmmmm..... dont know about that. Do you think this OBC public will vote for you in the next elections and bring you back to power?
Ass: Surely they will. They know I am a minister of the people, for the people and by the people. I want to make an appeal to the general public to make the next PM. I am sure they will not regret it.

Qner: Oh! come on Mr. ASS! you are way too old for that, dont you think you like your ass cousin should take retirement from active politics? Actually dont you think its time for old stupid politicians like you to DIE???
Ass: I wish I could but there are only a few slots available in heaven every year. And, 70% of the slots are reserved for SC/STs and OBCs which is so unfair for people like me belonging to the general category. If you fail to get the slot then you are sent to hell. So, I am not even trying.

Qner: You are so sick Mr. ASS!
Ass: Sorry, your time is up. Upto 50% of my interview time is reserved for SC/ST or OBCs. Now get going.

Ok, folks that was the interview with our shady senile minister Mr. ass. I pray for India's general good that this ass dies before they implement the increased quota system in the central univs. No, actually he should get AIDS or may be some STD or whatever.

My take on reservations: Should be limited in number and time and should be available on a one time basis to the deserving candidates. Once a person receives reservation in any higher education or government job, his son/daughter should not be entitled to reservations in the future. Guys whose fathers are earning well, can buy them bikes, can afford good high school education are totally undeserving and should not be given this luxury. And, ministers who support reservation for vote bank politics should be treated by a doctor who has come through quota system only. All the striking medicos have my support as long as they dont block roads or protest illegally. Road blocking is equivalent to a crime and punishable if you ask me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that if an SC/ST or OBC student gets more than 80%, they are automatically considered a general candidate... so effectively the reservation is for SC/ST or OBC students who do badly... amazing eh?

Fundaputter said...

I didnt know about that. But, its true that they have a choice to pick and choose from the general quota if they wish to. So, its a loss for you and me kavita... enna pannardhu.... tch tch.